The day-to-day management of a strata complex works best when there is a friendly, harmonious relationship between Committees and their Body Corporate Manager. Occasionally there are personality conflicts or business service issues that cannot be resolved by negotiation with the parties.
If the conflict is not to do with clashing personalities and is based by continuing poor performance or sloppy administration and continues after your committee has complained repeatedly, a change in body corporate management may be the best answer.
If your Body Corporate decides to change Body Corporate Managers, the Body Corporate should –
- Check the current agreement as to when the arrangement ends. It can be quite difficult to end an Agreement mid way through and legal advice may need to be obtained if this is the case.
- Seek alternative quotes from other Body Corporate Managers. It is important to not only compare administration fees but also the costs (disbursements/outlays/out of pocket expenses) charged for
- Emails received and sent
- telephone attendances
- meeting attendances included
- fees related to the storage of records etc
- The Committee must ensure that the current Body Corporate Manager is provided with a formal termination notice in accordance with the terms of their agreement
A motion to change Body Corporate Managers will need to be included on the meeting agenda of the next AGM or EGM.
NOTE: A member of the Body Corporate Matters team can assist a Committee navigate the path to choosing a new Body Corporate Management firm including fee comparisons and assessing which Administration Agreement best suits their requirements. We do charge a nominal fee for this service however it could save you many $’s. Call us for details.